So you think your Piper PA-18 “Super Cub” is the greatest ski plane ever!! Well, now you can finally get a pair of retractable skis to fully realize the potential of this great airplane. With the R2800 “Retractable” we’ve licked the weight, complexity, and the cost problems of other types of wheel skis.
Unlike wheel penetrations skis which do half the job, the R2800 locks down when needed for take-off in the “really tough conditions.”
* Snow landings can be done with skis up or down.
* Landing on a hard surface is done with simple, efficient cable releases to raise skis in flight.
* All mechanical action – no hydraulic system to install or maintain.
* Lighter than other retractables.
* Plastic bottoms reduce drag and minimize freeze down.
* Skis maintain proper flight level attitude in either position.
* Can be installed in less time than other retractable systems.
Weight: 42 Lbs. Ea.
Aircraft Gross LTD: To 2800 Lbs.
Installed WT: 104 Lbs.